Halifax Dental Malpractice Lawyer
Dental malpractice arises when a dentist fails to uphold accepted medical standards within the field of dentistry and dental surgery. Dentists are required to exercise the same standards of skill and care as physicians in general. Any deviation from that standard of care can threaten patients with injury, pain, and on some occasions – even death.
Dental malpractice can arise by way of:
- failure to properly detect an oral disease or malformation;
- failure to diagnose or treat periodontal or gum disease;
- improper utilization of dental or surgical utensils;
- installation of defective dental products;
- injury to an oral cavity or surrounding bone tissue during the course of a dental procedure;
- facial paralysis, infections and surgical procedure errors;
- negligence in taking tooth impressions, fitting or installing dentures;
- anaesthesia errors and injuries;
- nerve damage, root canal errors and tooth extraction injuries; and
- unnecessary examinations or procedures; or insurance system abuse.
All of these errors are capable of causing irreparable physical and mental injury to innocent patients. Where there is dental malpractice, we pursue claims against:
- Dental Assistants
If you or a loved one have been injured or harmed through an incident arising from a dental situation or procedure, you need a lawyer experienced in the complex area of dental malpractice litigation. The lawyers at Wagners have the depth of experience, over 90 years of practice, and the expertise to advise and represent you in all stages of your case.
The lawyers at Wagners recognize how distressing and damaging dental malpractice can be. We will pursue your case as fully as is allowed under the law with the goals of ensuring that you receive all of the compensation to which you are entitled, and to bringing responsibility to those who have harmed you.
Contact us at Wagners for a review and evaluation of your case.
You can learn more about medical malpractice by following us at: WagnersMedicalMalpracticeLawyerBlog.com.