Kate joined the medical malpractice and class actions groups in 2016.
Her practice focuses on assisting victims of medical malpractice. She also represents plaintiffs in provincial and national class actions involving pharmaceuticals, pathology errors, product liability, defective medical devices, institutional abuse and environmental contamination.
Born and raised in Halifax, Kate obtained her law degree from the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University in 2015. While in law school, Kate was on the Dean’s List and received a Schulich Scholarship for academic merit and community involvement (2012), a Schulich Internship Grant (2013), and was selected to participate in the student clerkship program at the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal (2014). She was also a research assistant for various professors at Dalhousie and volunteered in various capacities as a Peer Mentor and Tutor.
Kate went on to complete her articles clerking for the Honourable Mr. Justice Michael Manson of the Federal Court of Canada, gaining exposure to a variety of areas falling within the jurisdiction of the Federal Court.
She is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada (2016) and the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society (2016).
Prior to attending law school, Kate obtained a Bachelor of Science with a Double-Major in Psychology (Neuroscience) and Spanish from Dalhousie University. She is an avid traveler, and has studied, worked and volunteered internationally.
- Law Society of Upper Canada, 2016
- Nova Scotia, 2016
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Atlantic Provinces Trial Lawyers Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Juris Doctor, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, 2015
- Dean’s List, 2013-2015
- Student Clerkship Program, Nova Scotia Court of Appeal, 2014
- Schulich Internship Grant Recipient, 2013
- Schulich Scholarship for academic merit and community involvement, 2012
- Bachelor of Science, Double-Major in Psychology (Neuroscience) and Spanish, Dalhousie University, 2010
- Dean’s List, 2006-2010
- Graduated with recognition of distinction