The Wagners - A Serious Injury Law Firm blog shares Personal Injury stories and opinions relevant to Halifax, Nova Scotia residents. Let us know what you think.
Staying Safe at Night
It’s that time of year again! It is getting darker earlier in the evening. This can lead to visibility issues for both pedestrians and drivers. While dark conditions may be unavoidable, there are a number of precautions you can take to stay safe.
- Use sidewalks and off-road paths, rather than the street. If there are no sidewalks in the area, walk as close to the shoulder of the road as possible.
- Walk facing traffic so you can see and react to vehicles.
- Use extra caution when crossing streets – if it’s difficult for you to see, it’s also difficult for drivers to see.
- Walk in pairs or groups – you can also try to use the same routes used by other walkers and runners
- Beware of tripping hazards – there are a number of hazards that are harder to see in the dark: uneven sidewalks, rocks, potholes, etc. Be alert to these potential hazards.
- Avoid distracted walking – put the cell phone down and pay attention
- Wear reflective gear
Wagners Law Firm is happy to provide free reflective lighted arm bands! These bands can be worn, fastened to bookbags or purses or even used a collar for your furry friends! Stop by 1869 Upper Water Street for yours!