Wagners Seeking Medical Malpractice Paralegal
Job Posting: Medical Malpractice Paralegal
Wagners is seeking a skilled and experienced paralegal to join its medical malpractice department. Interested candidates must possess a diligent work ethic, meticulous attention to detail, and strong organizational skills. The ability to work in a fast-paced legal department both individually and as part of a team is a must. The position offers competitive salary, health and dental benefits, and an RRSP package.
Paralegal Duties and Responsibilities
- Frequent communication with prospective and current clients.
- Requesting, reviewing, and summarizing confidential documents.
- Preparation of medical chronologies and medical expense itemization.
- Legal research and factual investigation.
- Coordinating and scheduling discovery examinations.
- Preparation and revising of legal documents (statements of claim, motions, requests for date assignment conferences, affidavits, filing of expert reports, trial preparation, etc…) in accordance with Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador’s respective civil procedure rules.
- Preparation of settlement proposals and finalizing client accounts.
Paralegal Requirements and Qualifications
- Diploma in paralegal studies is required; a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years paralegal experience is preferred.
- Experience with software such as PC Law, Office 365, Adobe, and NetDocuments or similar software is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Maritime province’s civil procedure rules.