Halifax Dental Malpractice Lawyer
Dental negligence can occur when a dental health care provider fails to properly treat or care for a patient within the standards of dental practices or procedures. Dentists are required to exercise the same standards of skill and care as physicians in general. Any deviation from that standard of care can threaten patients with injury, pain, and on some occasions – even death.
The following dental health care providers can be responsible for dental malpractice:
- Dental assistant
- Maxillofacial surgeons
Dental Negligence can arise by way of:
- Improper utilization of dental or surgical utensils resulting in nerve or other surgical damage;
- Excessive force during surgical procedures causing permanent jaw disorders disorders or chronic facial pain;
- Anesthesia errors and injuries;
- Facial paralysis; and
- Failure to properly detect an oral disease or malformation;
- Failure to diagnose or treat periodontal or gum disease;
- Improper utilization of dental or surgical utensils;
- Installation of defective dental products;
- Injury to an oral cavity or surrounding bone tissue during the course of a dental procedure;
- Facial paralysis, infections and surgical procedure errors;
- Negligence in taking tooth impressions, fitting or installing dentures;
- Anaesthesia errors and injuries;
- Nerve damage, root canal errors and tooth extraction injuries; and
- Unnecessary examinations or procedures; or insurance system abuse.
The Medical Malpractice team at Wagners has experience in pursuing serious dental injuries that have caused chronic nerve and facial pain, and that have impacted an individual’s enjoyment of life and ability to work, arising from dental negligence.
If you or a loved one have been injured or harmed through an incident arising from a dental situation or procedure, you need a lawyer experienced in the complex area of dental malpractice litigation. The lawyers at Wagners have the depth of experience, over 90 years of practice, and the expertise to advise and represent you in all stages of your case.
The lawyers at Wagners recognize how distressing and damaging dental malpractice can be. We will pursue your case as fully as is allowed under the law with the goals of ensuring that you receive all of the compensation to which you are entitled, and to bringing responsibility to those who have harmed you.
Contact us at Wagners for a review and evaluation of your case.
You can learn more about medical malpractice by following us at: WagnersMedicalMalpracticeLawyerBlog.com.